Sunday, September 2, 2012

Introduction

This is a blog for my culinary experiments.

Most of these recipes were inspired by whims, things I've seen or tasted that have given me ideas.

I'll always give credit to those I've borrowed from and to those who inspire me.

Please give me credit for my recipes and I ask that you not reprint them (especially on other websites, such as Allrecipes).

I hope you enjoy them.  Please feel free to give me feed back on those you've tried, or point out typos and suggestions.

I guess if I share a little about me it's that I like unique sounding and tasting things.  If a dessert menu lists standard flavors I'm less likely to try something.  Which isn't to say that I don't love something traditional when it's made well, but if I hear something outlandish I go "oh, I have to try that, when am I going to get a chance to taste that flavor combination again!"  These recipes are things I've gotten ideas for that I'd like to eat (and I do like to eat them, I consider my best successes the things I can't stop eating).

I love baking and cooking, but almost exclusively desserts.  I like making other things as well, but there's something about desserts that just inspire me.  I am not sure where the inspiration comes from, just that it's there.

I guess I'll cover more as I go along.

I hope you don't get bored and I hope that I can inspire you too.

I work a lot of crazy hours, so although I have far too many idea written down I will only post them as I finish them.  I like to try everything before I post it, to make sure it's good in reality and not just in the land of my imagination.  I wont be posting on a regular basis, but check back since whenever I have a few spare minutes off work I end up in my kitchen.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment